2/11/09

We Need Your Opinion, Please!

It's nearly Spring.  At least, if you live here in the Valley.  It's about 60 degrees out today, and it's February 11th. That's absurd. I have our windows open and I'm wishing I was wearing lighter clothing.  And the change in seasons always gets us thinking about new products.  In our line of products, new things take a few weeks to make.  Sure, salves take little more than an hour to whip up.  But infusing all that oil with some herby goodness?  More like two weeks and three days.  So if it appears as though we're moving slowly, have patience - goodness is cooking.  

One of the products we're working on is a clay facial mask.  I've used bentonite clay for about a year on my face now, and if I do say so myself, I have darn good skin.  So we're going to share it with everyone else out there!  Here's my question:

When purchasing a clay facial mask, would you prefer the mask to be powdered and add water, or would you prefer an already goopy mask that you just scoop up and apply?

We need to know.  E-mail us, or (better yet!) leave a comment with your answer and input. 

In addition, warmer weather always leads me to think about kombucha.  I won't go into the health benefits and debate about kombucha here.  Just suffice it to say that I love it, and practically live off it in the summer.  Every batch of kombucha yields a scoby, or Symbiotic Colony of Yeast and Bacteria, the little organism responsible for kombucha's yummy taste and probiotic qualities.  I simply hate to through the little buggers out. But they are shareable! So, that leads me to my next question:

Would you be interested in seeing scobys offered in our shop?  At a ridiculously low price?

Let us know.  Enquiring minds and all that,you know! 

3 comments:

SortaFlowering Designs said...

HI! I prefer a pre-mixed mask, and the kombucha sharing idea sounds really cool =)

Anonymous said...

I think that the clay mask would be great either way. When I am tired or in a hurry I would like to just get in on and off. But the shelf life for the clay mask dry would probably be longer??? The other thing, it really confused me. Could you provide a little more info on what it is and the benefits of it please. I tried to look it up on the internet but it I got bored reading all the blah, blah, blah to get to the bottom line. Looking forward to some new products from Baileys Basics.

Baileys Basics said...

Thanks for you ideas, folks! Keep 'em coming! :)

Sam -- I'll definitely be posting more information on bentonite clay in the near future. It's a great clay for drawing out impurities (especially when used internally), and draws out the gunk in your pores and tightens your skin. As soon as I get our formula right, it'll be along lickety-split!